Wild Goats Cafe is more than its cute name. The independent cafe across from Kent Free Library offers hearty, wholesome breakfast and lunch menus for a variety of tastes. "The goat," as regulars sometimes call it, also offers multiple catering options.
Breakfast can comprise of a chocolate muffin and dark coffee or lean to the more nutrition omelets, oatmeal, and other selections. Chai tea and a variety of flavored syrups can be added to coffees and hot chocolate to add up to a very long beverage menu.
Lunch offerings are mostly soup and sandwich fare, but it's all good. Soups are made fresh daily and sandwiches can be downright inspired. Consider the ham and gouda pita, a variety of wraps, and "The Goat," an open-face vegetarian pita sandwich that won't leave much room for dessert.
Numerous booths are available and the staff seems to have an innate understanding of which guests want a little quiet time, and which ones welcome conversation.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 7am - 4pm; Sun, 8:30am - 2:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: wildgoatscafe.com/Menu.html
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: American, Sandwiches
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Features: Breakfast, Kids' Menu, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Fun