Located across the street from KSU's fashion museum, the Kent Wendy's location serves primarily a campus crowd. The drive-through seems to see the majority of customers, except at lunchtime, when you can expect a crowd.
Wendy's standard fare (burgers and other sandwiches, chili and the signature Frosty) is perennially popular, but the recent "Pick 2 for $4.99" promotion is a welcome addition for diners.
The promo allows customers to combine any of the half-size salads (spicy chicken Caesar, Baja, apple pecan chicken, or BLT cobb) with a baked potato, chili, chicken wrap, or Jr. bacon cheeseburger or a fountain drink, frosty or bottled water - and call it a meal for less than five bucks.
With the kid's menu choices including mandarin oranges (as a substitute for fries, if your kid will go for it), milk, and chicken sandwiches, Wendy's is one of the healthier fast food options among the big chains.
Looking to feed a crowd during a game or other event? This Wendy's location can do that - just call several hours ahead and plan to pay in advance for your order.
- Hours: Dining room: daily, 10:30am - 10pm; drive-thru open late Fri, Sat (hours vary)
- Handicap Accessible: Store entrance level with sidewalk, handicapped-accessible restrooms, drive through window service.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.wendys.com/food/Menu.jsp
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Fast Food
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Features: Dinner, Kids' Menu, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Fun