The Pufferbelly LTD.
Delicious, homemade food awaits visitors to The Pufferbelly LTD., housed in Kent's original train station, built in 1875. Inside the big brick structure guests can enjoy numerous historic photos and dine under a stagecoach (suspended from the ceiling) that once rolled along Kent's brick streets.
While antiques rule the decor, Pufferbelly's menu is constantly updated. Vegetarian pizza, wraps, and oriental shrimp salad are on the menu, but the newer items mingle among old favorites, including the restaurant's original recipe, Chicken Pufferbelly, a hand-breaded chicken breast served over fettuccini Alfredo.
Owner Kevin Long says San Francisco Beef is another very popular menu item. The open-face sandwich is served on dark rye bread with mushroom sauce and Colby cheese, accompanied by the restaurant's homemade mashed potatoes.
Large groups (18 or more) are welcome with reservations; a special dining section can accommodate parties. Sunday brunch is served from 11am - 2:30pm. Special events held at Pufferbelly include clam bakes, breakfast with Santa, New Year's Eve and Mardi Gras parties.
- Fax: 330-673-5407
- Hours: Sun, Mon, 11am - 9pm (8pm during the winter); Tue - Thu, 11am - 10pm; Fri, Sat, 11am - 2:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance is level with sidewalk. Note: no access to bar area.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Low calorie
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Specialties: Chicken Pufferbelly, Veggie Aglio, San Francisco Beef
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Sandwiches, Seafood, Steak House
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Accepted
- Features: Brunch, Dinner, Group-friendly, Kids' Menu, Lunch, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fine dining, Quiet, Romantic
- Dress code: casual
- Cover charge: No
- Features: Private parties
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: Yes
- Bar Features: Big-screen TVs
- Beer Types: Domestic, Imported, Microbrew