The eight-campus Kent State University system is anchored in Kent, where the main campus draws about 26,000 students anually to the city for classes and other activities.
In the fall of 2010, KSU surpassed the University of Cincinnati in total enrollment across all eight campuses with 41,365 students to become the second largest public university in Ohio.
The Kent campus spans 800 acres and includes a golf course, football, basketball and baseball athletic complexes; a large student and community recreation center; and space for more than 6,000 students to live on campus.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1910
- Number of students: 25,848
- Male-to-female ratio: .72:1
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 20:1
- Parking: Paid lot
- Number of faculty: 1,500
- Degrees: Graduate, Undergraduate
- Percent minority: 15
- Campus housing: Yes
- Sports conference: Mid American Conference
- Sports facilities: Dix Stadium (football), MAC center (basketball, volleyball, etc.), Allerton Sports Complex (baseball), outdoor track facilities, recreation center with basketball courts, pool