Kent Natural Foods Co-Op isn't exactly what it seems from the outside. First, customers who are not members of the co-op are welcome to shop any day the store is open, at posted prices. Second, there's a lot more inside than is apparent from the street.
The small store, staffed with knowledgable, helpful folks, is (neatly) packed with fresh vegetables, grains, and other cooking supplies (like dried beans, spice, coffee), as well as prepared foods and a surprisingly comprehensive selection of health and beauty items including lotions, soaps and shampoos, herbal remedy teas, essential oils, vitamins, and other supplements.
Membership has its privileges: Members save five percent on all purchases and can enjoy deeper discounts on special orders. Most shoppers bring their own bags, but the co-op keeps a few on hand for those who forget.
- Hours: Mon, Fri, Sat 10am-6:30pm; Tues, Wed, Thurs 10am-8pm; Sunday, noon-6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Front entry is level with sidewalk and wheelchair accessible; note store is small and aisles tight, however.
- Founding Date: 1971
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, EBT/Food Stamps, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Low calorie, Natural, Organic, Sugar-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- Specialties: Organic and local produce, local honey and maple syrup, organic packaged goods, gluten-free products, organic bulk herbs, meat substitutes, bulk foods, fair trade organic coffee, supplements, essential oils, health and beauty products, and much more.
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: No
- Firewood: No
- Ice: No
- Propane: No