John Brown Tannery Park
The water of the Cuyahoga River slows as it bends around John Brown Tannery Park on its way south toward Fred Fuller Park.
The park is one of the city's smallest, but offers easy access to the river and short paths running along its bank for the perfect lunch-time stroll.
Parking is limited to just a few spaces, but the park also is accessible from Fred Fuller Park and Franklin Mills River Edge Park, both of which have more available parking and flank the park to the north and south.
- Hours: Daily, sunrise to sunset
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped access available from parking lot off Stow Street. Handicap accessible fishing dock.
- Founding Date: 1970
- Parking: Free lot
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: The park is constructed on the site of historic abolitionist John Brown's first tannery operation in Kent, which was founded in 1836 along the Cuyahoga River.
- Features: Beach, Benches, Boat dock, Picnic tables
- Permit requirements: Fishing
- Restrictions: No alcohol
- Wi-Fi: None