This high-class, full-service restaurant serves deliciously prepared dishes and has established itself in a few short years as one of Kent's very best dining options. Bistro is dark and quiet, with an extensive wine list and innovative menu selections (a "grown up" version of macaroni and cheese features lobster). The service is very good; not fawning or overly stuffy. From prime rib to succulent salmon and several elegant salads that serve as meals, Bistro can delight even a fussy foodie.
While a children's menu is available and the staff is welcoming to younger visitors, this isn't a balloons-and-crayons-at-the-table sort of place. The full-service bar with a lounge atmosphere is cozy and also makes for a nice place to enjoy a nightcap and offers better than average bar food.
Save a bundle at lunchtime, when the menu is quite similar to the dinnertime mix, but priced more like the ubiquitous casual restaurant chains. Pricey, but well-worth the money, Bistro on Main is a great dining spot to mark a special eating occassion.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 11:30am - close; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Parking; entry; though small restroom
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Diner's Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders
- Menu link: www.bistrokent.com/Menus.php
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: American
- Price level: $$$
- Reservations: Suggested
- Features: Banquets, Catering, Dinner, Happy Hour, Kids' Menu, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Elegant, Fine dining, Quiet, Romantic