If you remember root beer floats, know Coney dogs are supposed to snap when you bite into them, and once thought parking to eat in your car was something sort of cool to do, you've probably loved A&W for years. Of course, the retro restaurant has been winning new fans for years, too.
Kent's A&W restaurant isn't one of the chain's originals (A&W was founded in 1919) but it is something of an icon in town.
The drive-in restaurant serves the much-loved menu items from early spring until the last week of October each year - so if you want a frosty mug of root beer served through your car window, make plans to visit during warm weather.
- Hours: Open seasonally March - October; Call for hours
- Handicap Accessible: Service is provided to customer's car windows.
- Founding Date: 1919
- Payments accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Eat-in
- Menu link: www.awrestaurants.com/#/menu
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: American, Dessert / Ice Cream, Diner, Sandwiches
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Features: Kids' Menu, Lunch, Outdoor seating
- Atmosphere: Fun