With a live DJ and drink specials on tap at least three days a week, you might think that's enough to set 157 Lounge apart.
Venture inside and you'll find one of the cleanest bars in town, with a great (and seasonal) wine list and minimalist decor.
The service is good, and fits the place perfectly. While no one who works here is rude or disdainful, neither is the staff cloying or too-chummy. They simply deliver what you ordered, with about as much chatter as you're up for – but no more.
Wines are reasonably priced and the selection is quite good – as is the array of vodkas and other libations.
Hint: Want a relatively un-crowded spot to enjoy a drink with a friend? 157 Lounge may serve you well; the crowd arrives later here.
Be sure to check out 157 Lounge's frequently updated Facebook page.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 4pm - 2:30am; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Designated parking near door, lounge easy to negotiate
- Features: DJs, Happy hour
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Diner's Club, MasterCard, Visa
- Parking: On-street: free
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: Yes
- Bar type: Lounge, Singles bar
- Bar Specialties: Martinis, Vodka, Wine
- Bar Features: Darts, Jukebox