The men's football team announced its non-conference opponents Wednesday for the upcoming 2012 and 2013 schedules.
The team will face the following opponents for the 2012 season:
- August 30: Towson – first meeting
- Sept. 8: at Kentucky — Kentucky leads, 6-0 (last meeting in 2007)
- Sept. 15: at Rutgers – Rutgers leads, 2-0 (last meeting in 2004)
- Oct. 13: at Army – Army leads, 2-0 (last meeting in 2010)
The Golden Flashes will face the following non-conference opponents in 2013:
- Aug. 29: Liberty – Kent State leads, 1-0 (last meeting in 2004)
- Sept. 14: at Clemson – first meeting
- Sept. 21: at Penn State – Penn State leads, 3-0 (last meeting in 2010)
- Oct. 19: at South Alabama – First meeting in 2011
Kent State Athletic Director Joel Nielsen said they were limited to the number of home non-conference games they could have.
"We had to walk a fine line between competitiveness and the ability to help the department from a budgetary standpoint, and that’s not an easy task," Nielsen said in a press release. "Obviously, we would rather have more than one home non-conference game in 2012 and 2013, but we inherited contracts that limited our flexibility in that area."
Call 330-672-2244 or log on to www.kentstatesports.com for season ticket information.