Kent State University's Board of Trustees agreed Wednesday to buy another property in the neighborhood west of campus in order to expand the Esplanade into downtown Kent.
The board voted to buy the house at 213 S. Willow St. from the Portage Metropolitan Housing Authority for its appraised value of $200,000. The house sits on about 0.27 acres.
The buy will bring Kent State's total spent on property for the project to about $9.1 million. It will be the 43rd property acquired for the Esplanade expansion.
- Kent State to Lease Vacant DuBois Property from Portage Development Board
- Kent State to Raze 10 More Houses for Esplanade
- Vandals Hit Kent State Esplanade House
- UPDATE: Fire Destroys Vacant Kent State Esplanade House
- PHOTOS: House Demolished for Esplanade
- VIDEOS: Kent State Plays Big Role in Downtown Redevelopment
- Esplanade Extension gets OK from Kent State Trustees