As we look ahead to November’s elections, Kent Patch is devoted to bringing you the information you need about every race in town.
Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- President Barack Obama: the president's national campaign has a local office here in Kent.
- GOP Presidential Nominee Mitt Romney: the former Massachussetts governor has repeatedly, including in several Ohio Patch towns. We'll cover any more local trips to the region.
- State Rep. Kathleen Clyde; challenger Nick Skeriotis: Clyde, a Kent resident, is running for re-election to the Ohio House District 75 seat against challenger Skeriotis of Suffield, OH.
- Kathleen Chandler, Larry Solak for Portage County Commissioner: Democrat nominee Chandler, a Kent resident and former city mayor, Ohio House representative and county commissioner, faces Republican Solak from Mantua.
- Maureen Frederick, Bridget Pavlick for Portage County Commissioner: Frederick, a Democrat and current president of the commissioners board, faces Republican challenger Bridget Pavlick of Streetsboro.