Some of the final pieces of construction on several of downtown Kent's new shops and restaurants are under way.
Plumbing, heating and cooling and electrical permits were issued recently to nine shops and restaurants spread throughout the city's redevelopment project with Fairmount Properties and in .
Many of in the Fairmount Properties buildings are expected to start opening in early September.
The permits issued recently by the break down as follows:
- Fresco Mexican Grill, 100 E. Erie St., plumbing installation
- The Original Dave's Cosmic Subs, 215 S. Water St. Suite 104, tenant build-out, $130,000
- Yogurt Vi, (self-serve frozen yogurt) 295 S. Water St. Suite 120, tenant space build-out and HVAC installation
- Gracylane, 100 E. Erie St., plumbing installation
- UniversiTEES, 100 E. Erie St., plumbing and electric service installation
- Insomnia Cookies, 295 S. Water St., plumbing installation
- AMETEK, 100 E. Erie St., heating, ventilation and air conditioning installation for building shell
Just north in Acorn Alley, is planning a move to some second-floor space in developer Ron Burbick's project. The tenant build-out permit shows the popular men's barbershop is moving from its space at 165 E. Main St., on the first floor southern-end of the original Acorn Alley, to a second-floor space in Acorn Alley II at 135 E. Erie St. Suite 201.
And a little further north, Kent Stage Properties LLC got the OK from the city to install plumbing for , which is building.