Kent State University President Lester Lefton honored eight of the university's employees with the 2012 President's Excellence Awards.
The award, which is based on a nomination from a fellow employee, includes a $1,000 bonus.
The 2012 awardees are:
- Veronica Cook-Euell, Supplier Diversity Program Manager
- Marcy Curtiss, Graduate Secretary Computer Science
- Thomas Farmer, Maintenance Repair Worker Kent Student Center
- Dan Karp, Executive Director, Creative ServicesUniversity Communications & Marketing
- Marlo Kibler, Coordinator, University Benefits/Human Resources
- Bryan Molnar, Electronic Technician Supervisor Information Services
- Anissa Strickland, Associate Director Student Financial Aid
- Cheryl Tennant, Academic Program Specialist Library & Information Sciences
Lefton surprised the recipients with the announcements delivered in person by the president in December.