officers shut down a nuisance party on University Drive during a weekend that included 17 arrests for underage drinking.
Police were called to 206 University Drive at about midnight Saturday, where they arrested one of its tenants and charged him with holding a nuisance party, an unclassified misdemeanor charge.
Daniel R. Pattie, a student from Mentor, was charged with holding the nuisance party and obstructing official business, a second-degree misdemeanor.
Police arrested at least six other people at the house, which is listed as a licensed boarding house by the and is owned by Mark Collins.
All total, police made 17 arrests for underage drinking, or prohibitions, this past weekend — the weekend prior to the start of the fall semester at Kent State.
Those arrested by Kent police for prohibitions, a first-degree misdemeanor, Saturday and Sunday were:
- Zachary M. Bandsuh, 18, of Dellroy, OH
- Jordan L. Cremer, 19, of Wooster, OH
- Clifton C. Mims, III, 18, of Kent
- Brandon W. Gerber, 18, of Kent
- Caleb R. Parrett, 20, address unavailable
- Matthew L. Kaczmarczyk, 19, of Stow
- Shelby L. McMillin, 20, of Rudolph, OH
- Allison J. Lenz, 20, of Kent
- Clay A. Kutcher, 18, of Uhrichsville, OH
- Ryan R. Anderson, 19, of Kent
- Megan M. Powalski, 19, of Eastlake
- Mark F. Freeman, 19, of Mentor
- Andela Martinovic, of Kent
- Cole A. Stitt, 18, of Willoughby
- Kevin P. Lanning, 19, of Euclid
- Ida A. Giancola, 19, of Kent
- Anthony R. Sarrica, 18, of Avon