For the second time in two weeks shut down a nuisance party on University Drive.
Police arrested Nicholas S. Elder, 19, of 222 University Drive early Sunday morning and charged him with holding a nuisance party, which is an unclassified misdemeanor. The Pennsylvania native is a sophomore at .
The fraternity house is home to the Kent State chapter of Lambda Chi Alpha and is a licensed boarding house with the .
Several people were arrested at the house and charged with prohibitions, or underage drinking, which is a first-degree misdemeanor. Those charged at 222 University Drive were:
- Maci E. Thompson, 18, of Cleveland
- Carly N. Clifton, 19, of Cranberry, PA
- Alex M. Crawford, 19, of Zelienople, PA
Just two weeks earlier, police shut down and charged a tenant of that house, also a Kent State student, with a nuisance party violation.
All total, police arrested 11 people for underage drinking — four others at addresses on University Drive — this past weekend between Sept. 7 and Sept. 9.
The other eight people charged with prohibitions were:
- Jacob J. Thayer, 18, of Litchfield, OH
- Cody S. Thayer, 19, of Kent
- Evan L. Maibach, 20, of Creston, OH
- Megan E. Barmann, 20, of Concord, OH
- Jesse M. Jardonek, 20, of Sheffield Lake, OH
- Spencer K. Burdock, 19, of Mentor
- Gabriel J. Lister, 20, of Kingsville, OH
- Tyler S. Yuhas, 20, of Valley City, OH
Editor's note: this story was updated Sept. 12 to correct the name of the fraternity located at 222 University Drive in Kent.