Kent Police arrested a few dozen people this weekend for a variety of offenses, including underage drinking, noise violations and disorderly conduct.
Eight people were arrested and another three were given citations for prohibitions between Friday and Sunday. The underage drinking violation is a first-degree misdemeanor.
Twelve people were issued citations for violating the city’s noise ordinance and one person was cited for holding a nuisance party.
A nuisance party is defined under section 509.13 of the city's codified ordinances as "a social gathering or party" that meets any number of 10 criteria, including:
Illegal open container
Outdoor urination or defecation in a public place or on another's property
The ordinance makes both property owners and tenants responsible for preventing such instances.
Six people were arrested for disorderly conduct, a minor misdemeanor, and another person was given a citation for urinating.
Those arrested for underage drinking this past weekend were:
- Lauren M. Gosnell, 20, of Stow
- Kimberly R. Long, 20, of Dublin, OH
- Matthew R. Mayle, 20, of Parma, OH
- Sedric D. Veal, Jr., 18, of Sagamore Hills, OH
- Michaila L. Crislip, 19, of 609 S. Lincoln St.
- Evan A. Schneider, 20, of East Liverpool, OH
- Taylor J. Gillette, 20, of Macedonia, OH
- Nicholas R. Carlo, 19, of Sharon, PA
- Elizabeth A. Kohl, 20, of 325 N. Willow St.
- Shane T. O’Connell, 20, of Stow