Bored with winter and looking for something different to do this weekend? Look no further than Kent!
Here's a small sampling of the many weekend activities listed in the Kent Patch Events calendar:
- Buy local. A variety of vendors participate in the weekly , held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday through May at . The market features a Book Swap Corner where patrons are invited to trade their unwanted cookbooks and gardening books for "new" ones.
- Take a stand. A coordinated by members of Concerned Citizens of Ohio begins at 11 a.m. Saturday at and ends with speakers, free hot chocolate and donuts.
- Watch ice carvers. The Downtown Innovative Community Events (D.I.C.E.) partnership will host the featuring ice carvers from Kent State and Akron University from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Hometown Plaza.
- Check out some local art. Saturday is closing day for the at Kent State University's Downtown Gallery, open from noon to 5 p.m. A will be open from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday showcasing the work of local artists Laine Keener and Gary Phile. The will hold an opening reception from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday for .
- Support the orchestra. The Hugh A. Glauser School of Music's Orchestra will present . The performance will include both classical and contemporary music.