(Tallmadge, Ohio) On Saturday, November 2nd from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Logos Bookstore in Kent will be hosting a Summit DD Microenterprise Authors’ Event.
The Microenterprise program promotes integrated, inclusive employment by assisting individuals with starting their own business. A Summit DD Microenterprise advisor helps develop a business plan, secure funding, understand laws and connect to community resources. This self-employment program is just one of the many ways Summit DD is working toward implementing Employment First.
During the event, guests will be able to meet several authors and purchase autographed copies of their books. Available for sale will be:
• Jason Plant’s autobiography The Million Dollar Smile which tells his story of challenges while growing up.
• Ron & Jane Hopkins’ book Remodel for Accessibility which presents ideas for both the elderly and individuals with developmental disabilities to make their homes more functional and enjoyable to live in.
• Children’s storybook Mia & Maime, illustrated by Amanda Branham.
• Colleen Kelly’s children’s book Land of the Leprechauns used by several local school systems.
• Nate Vengrow’s volume My World in A Book of Poems containing his illustrated writings.
The County of Summit Developmental Disabilities Board is a levy-funded agency that provides services to more than 4,000 individuals with developmental disabilities and their families in Summit County. It is the organization’s mission to offer a lifetime of services and supports to eligible individuals and families that enable people with developmental disabilities to work, live, and learn as equal citizens in their communities. More information regarding the agency is available online at www.SummitDD.org.