Invite a friend
The Skies of Winter: Holidays in the Planetarium
The Kent State University Planetarium’s traditional holiday presentation continues this year with an exploration of the skies of winter and their connection to religious and cultural observances throughout the world. Taking place Nov. 30, Dec. 1 and Dec. 7 at 8 p.m., the presentation will explore the lovely clear skies of winter and how the people of the world structure their lives around the heavens. The show is free and open to all but is not recommended for children under age six. Seating capacity is limited, so reservations should be made by calling 330-672-2246. Reservations will be accepted beginning Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2012. Persons needing special accommodations are requested to call at least one week in advance.
More About Kent State University
The eight-campus Kent State University system is anchored in Kent, where the main campus draws about 26,000 students anually to the city for classes and other activities.
In the fall of 2010, KSU surpassed the University of Cincinnati in total enrollment across all eight campuses with 41,365 students to become the second largest public university in Ohio.
The Kent campus spans 800 acres and includes a golf course, football, basketball and baseball athletic complexes; a large student and community recreation center; and space for more than 6,000 students to live on campus.
Other events here
- Raiment for Liturgy Opens in the Kent State University Museum, March 8 Daily,
- Inspire Creative Camp Mon, Jun 17, 8:30 pm–5:00 pm
- Rhythmic Movement Training (RMT) Lecture & Reception with Dr. Harald Blomberg Wed, Jul 17, 5:30 pm–6:45 pm
- Rhythmic Movement Symposium: RMT & Diet in Autism Thu, Jul 18, 8:30 am–5:30 pm
- Rhythmic Movement Training (RMT) Symposium: RMT, Dreams & Inner Healing Sat, Jul 20, 8:30 am–5:30 pm