Invite a friend
Kent State University Downtown Gallery Presents Visions of Paradise
Kent State University Downtown Gallery presents Visions of Paradise, an exhibition by Rob Vander Zee, now through Feb. 15 in the Downtown Gallery. Visions of Paradise, which began in 2009, is an ongoing series of paintings that focuses on an imagined world of vibrant colors and fantastic plants, animals and new mutant creatures. The paintings explore the complex questions surrounding our relationship to the natural world and the role that science has in shaping the living environment.
The Downtown Gallery is located at 141 E. Main St. in downtown Kent. Hours are Wednesday through Friday, noon to 5 p.m., and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, call 330-676-1549 or visit http://galleries.kent.edu.
Contact: Effie A. Tsengas, firstname.lastname@example.org, 330-672-8398
More About Kent State University
The eight-campus Kent State University system is anchored in Kent, where the main campus draws about 26,000 students anually to the city for classes and other activities.
In the fall of 2010, KSU surpassed the University of Cincinnati in total enrollment across all eight campuses with 41,365 students to become the second largest public university in Ohio.
The Kent campus spans 800 acres and includes a golf course, football, basketball and baseball athletic complexes; a large student and community recreation center; and space for more than 6,000 students to live on campus.
Other events here
- Raiment for Liturgy Opens in the Kent State University Museum, March 8 Daily,
- Inspire Creative Camp Mon, Jun 17, 8:30 pm–5:00 pm
- Rhythmic Movement Training (RMT) Lecture & Reception with Dr. Harald Blomberg Wed, Jul 17, 5:30 pm–6:45 pm
- Rhythmic Movement Symposium: RMT & Diet in Autism Thu, Jul 18, 8:30 am–5:30 pm
- Rhythmic Movement Training (RMT) Symposium: RMT, Dreams & Inner Healing Sat, Jul 20, 8:30 am–5:30 pm