Invite a friend
Kent Community TimeBank Information & Orientation Meeting
Our Kent Community TimeBank is more than 300 members strong and we have exchanged over 10,000 hours of services to each other and the greater community! Come to this meeting and find out how the Kent and surrounding communities are saving money, building community and enriching their lives one hour at a time!
You will learn the concept of TimeBanking, the direction of the Kent Community TimeBank and also get a hands-on tutorial of the software that makes timebanking so successful. In addition, you will meet some active timebankers and hear how they have earned and spent their Time Credits!
If you are already a member of the TimeBank, but not yet exchanged, let this meeting inspire and motivate you to start exchanging! Bring your neighbor, friend or relative and earn another Time Credit! Bring your laptop if you wish to follow along with the online tutorial.
We will meet upstairs in the beautiful community room and will start promptly at 7!
More About Kent Free Library
The Kent Free Library dates back to 1902 and was founded on a donation from philanthropist Andrew Carnegie, but a recent addition gives the library all the technological advances expected of a modern facility.
Finished in 2005, a new three-story addition tripled the size of the existing library. Amenities include a conference room available to the community, a second-floor children's wing and a dedicated senior reading room.
The Kent Free Library offers a number of free programs for residents and card holders, including a job search program.
Other events here
- Kent Rotary Early Literacy Center Weekly on Sundays, 1:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Using Facebook Tue, May 28, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Kent Rotary Early Literacy Center Weekly on Wednesdays, 2:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Adult Craft Hour January 30, 2013 / February 27, 2013 / March 27, 2013 / April 24, 2013 / May 29, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Kent Rotary Early Literacy Center Weekly on Thursdays, 9:00 am–8:30 pm
- Tween Zone Thu, May 30, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Kent Rotary Early Literacy Center Weekly on Fridays, 9:00 am–5:30 pm
- Kent Community TimeBank Informational Meeting May 13, 2013 / June 20, 2013 / July 23, 2013 / August 19, 2013, 6:30 pm