Invite a friend
Gentle classes are accessible to almost everyone. They involve breath and movement, easier and modified postures, body awareness, gentle stretching and strengthening, and relaxation. These are good classes for people with limited range-of-motion or with some chronic health conditions such as arthritis or fibromyalgia. They are also good for many seniors, beginners who want to start slowly, people who are overweight or just getting back into fitness, or people who just prefer a slower pace with lots of warm-ups. These are good classes to get a little extra attention from the instructor and an introduction to the use of props. The body likes to be invited to open - gentle classes are good for everyone!
More About Kent Yoga
Kent Yoga offers community yoga classes. The studio hosts twelve drop-in classes each week with various themes, such prenatal yoga, chair yoga, basics, vigorous and Pilates. Each of these classes also has levels of intensity that include gentle, gentle/moderate, moderate and vigorous. Membership fees are not required, and student and senior discounts are available.
Visitors can find the Om Shanty Yoga Store attached to Kent Yoga. The store sells yoga props and art.
Other events here
- Moderate Yoga Weekly on Tuesdays, 5:30 pm–6:45 pm
- Vigorous Yoga Weekly on Tuesdays, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Moderate Yoga Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Moderate Yoga Weekly on Wednesdays, 7:00 pm–8:15 pm
- Gentle/Moderate Yoga Weekly on Thursdays, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Gentle/Moderate Yoga Weekly on Thursdays, 5:30 pm–6:45 pm
- Moderate Yoga Weekly on Saturdays, 9:30 am–10:45 am