Invite a friend
Thinking about buying an eReader? Did you already get a shiny new Kindle, Nook, iPad, or other device and you want to know how you can get free eBooks from the library? No matter your interest, you'll want to come to our new free classes on eBooks and eReaders the last Thursday of June through August from 6:30pm-7:30pm.
Visit the Information Desk or call 330-673-4414 to register; registration begins the first of each month.
- June 28: eReader Basics - Are you interested in purchasing an eReader but don't know what options are available, or what the differences between them are? Come to our eReader Basics class! We will give a brief overview of the different devices, including the pros and cons of each one. We will also hold an eReader Petting Zoo, where you will get a chance to hold and touch some of the available devices.
- July 26: Kindle - Come learn how to download FREE library books onto your Kindle! We will go over how to search for eBooks through the online Ohio eBook Project catalog, how to place a hold on popular titles, and how to check them out and download them onto your device!
- August 30: Nook, Sony, and other E-readers - Come learn how to download FREE library books onto your Nook, Sony, or other e-reader device! We will go over how to search for e-books on the online Ohio eBook Project Catalog, how to place a hold on popular titles, and how to check them out and download them onto your device.
|Where||Kent Free Library 312 W Main St, Kent, OH 44240|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:30 pm–7:30 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone, Seniors|
More About Kent Free Library
The Kent Free Library dates back to 1902 and was founded on a donation from philanthropist Andrew Carnegie, but a recent addition gives the library all the technological advances expected of a modern facility.
Finished in 2005, a new three-story addition tripled the size of the existing library. Amenities include a conference room available to the community, a second-floor children's wing and a dedicated senior reading room.
The Kent Free Library offers a number of free programs for residents and card holders, including a job search program.
Other events here
- Kent Rotary Early Literacy Center Weekly on Saturdays, 9:00 am–4:30 pm
- Alice in Wonderland Tea Party Today, May 18, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Kent Rotary Early Literacy Center Weekly on Sundays, 1:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Cookbook Book Club February 18, 2013 / March 18, 2013 / April 15, 2013 / May 20, 2013, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Your High School Reading List Book Club January 15, 2013 / February 19, 2013 / March 19, 2013 / April 16, 2013 / May 21, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Digital Library Orientation Wed, May 22, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Kent Rotary Early Literacy Center Weekly on Wednesdays, 2:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Kent Rotary Early Literacy Center Weekly on Thursdays, 9:00 am–8:30 pm
- Teen/Tween Candy Art Night Thu, May 23, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Tablet Class Thu, May 23, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm