Did you hear there was a massive drug bust at the Kent State University Airport some time this past week? That's not completely accurate.
There was a massive drug bust at the airport, where 200,000 kilos of cocaine was seized, but that was in 2008.
According to Kent State's Twitter feed: "Reports of a cocaine arrest at Kent State Airport are a result of a May 2008 story mistakenly reposted by a local news organization. Further investigation indicates that heavy web traffic of 2008 airport arrest story is what made it appear to be a new story. It's old news."
The story has since been taken off Ohio.com's website and the AP Wire has removed it from circulation.
See More on Patch
- Kent State Students Charged with Stealing from Kohl's: Police Blotter
- Two Student Deaths, Armed Robbery, Acorn Corner Updates: Kent's Top Stories in April
- Man Claimed to be Kent State University Police Officer
- Steubenville Teen Still On Track to Attend Kent State in Fall
- Kent Man Caught With Ounce of Crystal Meth