Demolition is under way on the houses that must be removed to make way for Kent State University's Esplanade extension into downtown Kent.
The city, which is handling construction management of the project, demolished the first of eight houses Wednesday that will be immediately razed for the pedestrian pathway.
Scroll down for recent stories on the Esplanade project:
- Esplanade Construction to Start Monday
- Kent State Buys House for Esplanade Expansion
- 2 More Houses Sold for Esplanade at Kent State
- Two More Kent Houses Bite The Dust
- Kent State to Spend $1.42 Million on 3 More Esplanade Properties
- State Approves $1.57 Million in Esplanade Land Buys for Kent State
- Kent State Spending $2.2 Million to Buy 7 More Properties for Esplanade