In seven years, the Huscroft family of Kent has raised more than $100,000 for childhood cancer research simply by selling lemonade.
The stand is part of the national fundraising effort established in 2004 by 8-year-old Alex Scott, who sought to raise money for research for cancers that effected herself and other children. The event is held nationwide each year on the same June weekend by volunteers.
The Kent stands and their addresses are:
- Huscroft Grand Stand, 650 Beechmont Place, 11-2pm
- Lenzo Family and Friends Stand, Acorn Alley on East Main Street, 11-2pm
- The Butler 5 Stand, Pizzutes Plant 'N Thyme, 4987 S.R. 43, 10-2pm
- Evelyn Dickerson Hair Design, 1317 S. Water St., 11-2pm
- The Fairways at Twin Lakes, 1519 Overlook Drive
For the complete list, click on this link.
The Huscroft Family Grand Stand is held in memory of Tom Huscroft, Dan Lux, Brian Montgomery, Kelly Reeves, Dennis Butler, Cathy Shipley, and Whitey Huscroft.