Kent Police Invite Residents to Tour Station
7 tours planned ahead of November vote on safety levy
Kent Police Chief Michelle Lee and Capt. Jayme Cole will lead tours of the station that will take about one hour and offer a rare view behind the scenes of the department.
According to the department's website, the tour dates and times are:
- Sunday, Sept. 23, between noon and 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 29, between noon and 4 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 7, between noon and 4 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 14, between noon and 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 20, between 1 and 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 28, between noon and 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 3, between 1 and 5 p.m.
To register take a tour, call the station at 330-673-7732.
If approved, the measure would raise Kent's income tax rate from 2 percent to 2.25 percent.
The roughly $1.3 million generated each year by the tax increase would be used for property acquisition, design, construction, maintenance and repairs, future expansion or replacement of a new Kent Police Department facility.
Read two studies about the facility's deficiencies and ways to correct them attached to this article.