A new eatery will soon fill the void left in Acorn Alley when sushi restaurant the Dancing Beta closed.
The Kent Community Development Department recently issued a building permit to developer Ron Burbick for the space, which is Suite C at 164 E. Main St.
According to the permit, Burbick plans to install a 32-inch door to combine Suites C and D while renovating Suite C for the "Dog Squad." The work is estimated to cost $1,000.
Also downtown, the city issued a building permit for College Town Kent, LLC, the entity created for the city and Fairmount Properties' redevelopment. The permit allows Premier Development Partners, the construction contractor, to build out the third floor space in "Building A" for the Davey Resource Group.
The build-out work for Davey Resource Group is expected to cost $540,000, according to the building permit.
Other building permits issued recently by the city include:
- Young and Associates, Inc., 135 E. Main St., add dividing wall and resupport main beam for Empire, $25,000
- David and Amy Adams, 302 University Drive, install bathroom on first floor, $6,000
- David and Susan Haren, 209 N. Lincoln St., demolish detached three-car garage, no cost listed
- Jeffrey D. Clapper and Kelly Dietrick, 139 N. Prospect St., replace shed in rear yard, no cost
- Joanne Boston, 873 Bryce Drive, construct rear yard deck, $20,000