The finishing touches are being put on the new Davey Resource Group building at the corner of South Water Street and Haymaker Parkway in downtown Kent.
Windows, doors and awnings are going up and in the new building, and some of the last elements of the interior also are being finished.
Kent building officials recently issued building permits for the building's fire alarm and the third-floor finish work for the Davey Resource Group. The firm, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Co., is scheduled to open in the new space by the third week of August 2012.
The following building permits were recently issued by the city:
- College Town Kent, LLC, 295 S. Water St., Davey Tree build-out third floor, $540,435
- College Town kent, LLC, 295 S. Water St., install fire sprinkler system for "Building A," $42,000
- CDC Kent LLC, 500 Golden Oaks Drive, renovate clubhouse, $150,000 (permit is conditional pending inspection)
- Scott MacPerson, 520 Vine St., 6-foot fence, no cost listed
- Kenneth and Mary Ferry, 1280 Meadow Drive, build deck on front and rear of house, no cost listed
- Jim Doty, 1038 Roy Marsh Drive, fence in rear yard, no cost listed